29th June 2020
I hope you are all safe and enjoying the sunshine which has returned.
We were hoping that the Prime Minister may have had good news in terms of when we might be able to start competitive cricket, but after last week's statement it appears we will have to wait a little longer, although the league is sounding out clubs to see if they would be ready to start in the second half of July. Whilst this is frustrating it is a small sacrifice to make compared to the challenges that the country has been and is facing.
When we are permitted to play the club is in great shape and ready to go at very short notice. Many senior players have attended the “socially distanced” net sessions which have been booked out solidly on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The players should be in form if we get a chance to play!!
We are looking at ways to get the juniors up and running although this presents more challenges with kit and distancing issues. We will start with the oldest group and see how that goes. A separate note will follow to the Juniors.
In the meantime - I hope you all stay safe and we will be back in touch as soon as there is further news.
Thanks Over Peover Cricket Club Committee